May 22 -26, 2017

Good morning!  Three more weeks of school. Wow! This month is going so fast! We have our last library this morning. Be sure your student has access to books all summer long. Students who do not read during the summer typically lose about two reading levels. Libraries in the area and Barnes and Noble in Rivertown Mall have incentive reading programs your child can participate in all summer long and earn prizes! Also, if you would like your child signed up for Raz Kids, a very effective reading website, please email me; and I would be happy to get you the information to use that as well. I run this program all summer for Alward students.

Math – Unit tests 5 and 8 will come home today. Students who are being tutored this summer — I highly recommend that these tests are saved and given to your tutor. We will continue math with performance (real-world) tasks and problem solving activities.

Science – Hands on labs this week for electricity and heat energy!

Reading & Writing – A variety of poems

Technology – State of Michigan report projects starting

We will be making cards for veterans on Friday for Memorial Day commemoration. A friend of mine will be volunteering at a camp this summer for veterans with PTS, so we are hoping to thank them and cheer them up ( :

Pizza lunch Friday for April – summer birthdays! Please bring your own drink and snack.