May 15 – 19, 2017

Happy Friday! Great to see the sunshine so much this week. I will be attending my son’s college graduation this coming Monday and Tuesday, so there will be a very capable substitute teacher in my room for those two days. This is also the reason why you are getting next week’s blog early.

Sack lunch order forms will come home today for field day on Tuesday, June 6. With that said, it is really much better for your student to bring a lunch. Those that order a lunch have to go stand in line with the rest of the District for their lunches on the other side of the stadium, so it is not very convenient for him/her. Just a note about field day: Ms. Stokes discourages parents attending field day. The field is packed with kids and teachers helping, and it is often hard to find your student.

Math – Unit 5 tests will be completed today; however, I am waiting for a couple absent students to catch up, so the tests will not come home until the following week. We will work on unit 8 (geometry) test reviews next week with the test on Friday.

Science – Energy and Electricity

Reading – Comprehension skills and testing

Writing – Spelling, grammar, and poetry

Have a Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you moms for all you do! We love you!